Welcome to the Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency!
Every person, irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religion, belief, age and sexual orientation, is equally important and has the same rights.
It is our goal to convince citizens of the view that diversity will move us all forward.
A non-discriminatory society is not only more worth living in, but it is also more efficient. Germany is to become a country which is characterized by a non-discriminatory culture. To achieve this goal we will incorporate the issue of anti-discrimination into society to an even larger extent.
The legal framework for an extensively harmonized protection against discrimination was created by the General Equal Treatment Act (German abbreviation: AGG) which entered into force in 2006. Since that time, the social awareness has been considerably changed - but still it is far from being satisfactory.
The reduction of prejudice, the change of attitudes and views is a time-consuming process and it requires more than just an Act. Bringing the General Equal Treatment Act to life and implementing its provisions in everyday routine is our concern of utmost priority. All persons who nowadays are still affected by discrimination and their organizations are important stakeholders in this process of societal change.
It is important to us to implement this process in co-operation with all stakeholders. In co-operation with local authorities and our partners in anti-discrimination work we want to develop sustainable approaches. We need broad-based support to draw closer to our target of bringing about a non-discriminatory society.
In coordination with the Federal Laender, the local authorities and non-governmental organizations we want to achieve that persons affected will be able to get quick and competent support if they need help in cases of discrimination.
In this context, the core business of our work is counselling. It is not without reason that this issue ranks first among the legal tasks of the Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency. You will get quick and unbureaucratic first counselling via our telephone helpline: 03018-555-1865.
Our Internet presence is meant to help you gaining a first insight into the various tasks of our Agency. Maybe you will find already the answers to some of the questions which are important to you on our homepage. We will soon revise our Internet presence to be able to provide better and more detailed information to you.
I would appreciate it very much if you could make use of our offer and herewith invite you to visit our website regularly.
Director of the Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency
- Survey to mark the launch of the thematic year "Gleiches Recht. Jedes Geschlecht.“ ("Equal rights. Every sex.") Federal Anti Discrimination Agency: Major knowledge gaps among workforce regarding sexual harassment in the workplace
- Organisation ReachOut receives FADA's "Award for Commitment in the Fight against Discrimination" 2014
- Encouraging diversity in public administration – Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency publishes best practice guide for the Federal public service
- Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency: EU-wide survey on violence against women and sexual harassment is alarming
- “Equal Opportunities. Always“: Federal Anti Discrimination Agency Proclaims Year Against Racism / Poll: Housing discrimination seen as the top problem
- Factsheet: Discrimination in the housing market. Strategies for furnishing proof of racist discriminations.
- Factsheet: Between indifference and rejection – Population's attitudes towards Sinti and Roma
Analysis of the current state of research on discrimination in the preschool and school sector from the point of view of social science
- Summary of the Sinus-Milieu based Study
on Discrimination in Everyday Life
in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises